Aerated concrete is manufactured using fine-grained sand as the aggregate, lime and/or cement as the binding agent, and water and aluminum as the gas-forming agent. Its density is between 0,4 and 0,8 kg/dm3 and its compressive strength is between 2 and 6 N/mm2. Lightweight concrete is concrete with a low density (less than 1800 kg/m3) and a porosity that reduces the strength of the concrete and, consequentially, the loading capacity of an anchor. From Ceresit chemical anchor range, CF850 is most suitable for application in aerated concretE, allthough one can also use CF920.
PRODUCT PREPARATION: Remove the cap and attach the supplied static-mixing nozzle to the cartridge and load the cartridge into the correct dispensing tool. In case of a foil tube cartridge, cut off the clip before use. For every working interruption longer than the recommended working time as well as for new cartridges, a new static-mixer shall be used.
1. Holes to be drilled perpendicular to the surface of the base material by using a hard-metal tipped hammer drill bit. Drill a hole into the base material, with nominal drill hole diameter and drill hole depth acc. to the size and embedment depth required by the selected anchor. In case of aborted drill hole the drill hole shall be filled with mortar.
2. Blow out from the bottom of the drill hole two times. Attach the appropriate sized brush to a drilling machine or a battery screwdriver, brush the hole clean two times, and finally blow out the hole again two times.
3. Attach the appropriate sized brush to a drilling machine or a battery screwdriver, brush the hole clean two times, and finally blow out the hole again two times.
4. Cut off the foil tube clip before use. Prior to dispensing into the anchor hole, squeeze out separately a minimum of six full strokes, and discard non-unirformly mixed adhesive components until the mortar shows a consistent grey colour.
5. If the base material is covered with ETICS, insert the metal sleeve flush with the surface of the masonry. Only use sleeves that have the right length. Never cut the sleeve except the sleeve 16x130/330. For installing the sleeve16x130/330 measure the required length of sleeve, cut the sleeve from the top and set the cap on it before pushing it through the fixing element.
6. Starting from the bottom or back fill the hole with adhesive. For quantity of mortar attend cartridges label or installation instructions. Observe the gel-/ working times.
7. The position of the embedment depth shall be marked on the threaded rod. Push the threaded rod into the anchor hole while turning slightly to ensure positive distribution of the adhesive until the embedment depth is reached. The anchor shall be free of dirt, grease, oil or other foreign material.
8. Be sure that the anchor is fully seated at the bottom of the hole and that excess mortar is visible at the top of the hole. If these requirements are not maintained, the application has to be renewed.
9. Allow the adhesive to cure to the specified curing time prior to applying any load or torque. Do not move or load the anchor until it is fully cured.