- With current trends we can expect an increase of +3,5 to +4,5°C by 2100 which is far from the 1,5°C target set in Paris.*
- An increase above 2°C means 2-3 times worse impact (floods, fire, storms, drought,...) than 1,5°C.
- By 2050 the oceans will contain more plastic than fish.*
- More than 8M Tons of plastic are leaked into Oceans every year.
- 83% of tested tap water contain microplastic.**
- Harmful exposure to chemicals causes at least 4,9 million death/Y.*
- Globally, 1,6 billion people have no access to adequate shelter.**
- By 2030, the UN estimates that 40% of the world's population will lack adequate housing.**
** The United Nations
- Every day buildings are being built and our cities grow larger. The building stock is set to double by 2050.
- Globally, the built environment accounts for almost 40% of total CO2 emissions.*
- Building will play a key role in fighting climate change.
* 2019 Global Status Report for Buildings and Construction, Global alliance for buildings and construction, UN
- Become climate positive in operation by 2040
- Reduce carbon footprint of our raw materials
- Support homeowners to reduce their CO2 emissions
- Make our packaging recyclable or reusable
- Maximize the share of recycled plastic in our packaging