There are some cases where new reinforced concrete element must be added to existing one due to different reasons e.g. : technological brake, reinforce construction, removed corroded/ carbonated part. The post-installed connection is done by anchoring of reinforcing bars in existing structures and later cast with concrete. Application of post-installed rebar connections are intended to be used in structures subject to static or quasi static actions as well as to fire exposure and seismic action. For post rebar connection application CF920 is the proper choice.
PRODUCT PREPARATION: Remove the cap and attach the supplied static-mixing nozzle to the cartridge and load the cartridge into the correct dispensing tool. In case of a foil tube cartridge, cut off the clip before use. For every working interruption longer than the recommended working time as well as for new cartridges, a new static-mixer shall be used.
1. Holes to be drilled perpendicular to the surface of the base material by using a hard-metal tipped hammer drill bit. Drill a hole into the base material, with nominal drill hole diameter and drill hole depth acc. to the size and embedment depth required by the selected anchor. In case of aborted drill hole the drill hole shall be filled with mortar.
2. Blow out from the bottom of the drill hole two times. Attach the appropriate sized brush to a drilling machine or a battery screwdriver, brush the hole clean two times, and finally blow out the hole again two times.
3. Attach the appropriate sized brush to a drilling machine or a battery screwdriver, brush the hole clean two times, and finally blow out the hole again two times.
4. Cut off the foil tube clip before use. Prior to dispensing into the anchor hole, squeeze out separately a minimum of six full strokes, and discard non-unirformly mixed adhesive components until the mortar shows a consistent grey colour.
5. Starting from the bottom or back fill the sleeve with adhesive. For quantity of mortar attend cartridges label or installation instructions. Observe the gel-/working times.
6. The position of the embedment depth shall be marked on the threaded rod. Push the threaded rod into the anchor hole while turning slightly to ensure positive distribution of the adhesive until the embedment depth is reached. The anchor shall be free of dirt, grease, oil or other foreign material.
7. Allow the adhesive to cure to the specified curing time prior to applying any load or torque. Do not move or load the anchor until it is fully cured. After full curing, the fixture can be installed with up to the max. torque.