The new Ceresit CT 110 Solar Protect facade paint is an optimal combination of state of the art ingredients , which provide outstanding performance and resistance:
- 3 x BETTER color durability
- Excellent coverage
- Long renovation cycles
- Intense & brilliant color tones
Modern facade paints, besides their main purpose, protect facade against weather conditions, industrial pollution and aging process.
New challenge occurs when it comes to intense colors. Dark, bold tones of facade paint are more and more popular among architects and investors. They:
- create a unique look of the house,
- make the estate stand out from others,
- complement modern style of the house.
Despite aesthetic advantages of dark and intense colors, threats for the facades arise. Major one is a negative influence of solar radiation. Direct sunlight heats up dark-colored facades, destroying polymer bonds. In effect, dark facades are more sensitive to:
Solar radiation is composed of:
- Visible light: has limited impact on the facade quality
- Invisible light (UV & IR): can be the cause of 4 different facade problems
There are 2 types of invisible light:
- invisible ultraviolet light --> color fading and yellowing
- invisible infrared light --> cracking and delamination
This extraordinary stability* has been proved in Xenotest - simulation of years of normal facade exposition to changing weather conditions. During this multi stage test facade’s the colors have been exposed to thousands of cycles of UV and rain to show its durability.
*compared with Ceresit Premium Silicone Paint/ standard, based on 3.000 h artificial weathering test
Solution to the problem of the negative influence of solar radiation: free radicals and exposure to UV. The light stabilizers effectively combat free radicals and their destructive impact on the products’ coating.
Combination of specially selected pigments with optimized TSR value to reflect solar radiation more effectively. In effect, Boost Color provides better color stability by 15%.
Extremely durable and state of the art bases, which keep colors untouched for long time.
• The highest level of coverage proved with class 1 rating.
• Perfect opacity for all colors, even for the most demanding ones like white and yellow.
• Lower consumption: no extra layers are needed.
Long renovation cycles: crack bridging ability
• Keeping micro cracks hidden.
• Protection against moisture, mould and dirt migration.
• A2 class of crack bridging according to EN 1062-1.
Long renovation cycles: no water marks
• No color difference between dry and wet surfaces, even in low temperature and high humidity conditions.
• No unaesthetic discoloration in spraying test.
Long renovation cycles: clean appearance
• Keeping facade clean and free from water marks.
• Low water absorption of painted surface, preventing from water shades and discoloration.
• Self-cleaning properties.