min. layer thickness 2 mm
max. thickness 5 mm
plaster application 12 h after priming
a stainless steel trowel with rounded corners
tools for texturing
a mixing paddle
General info about the product
Architectural Concrete plaster Ceresit CT 760 Visage comes in three shades of grey and in multiple concrete-like textures. The final look of the facade depends on the application technique, structure of background layers and designer’s creativity. Available colours of the plaster:
- Light grey – Sidney Light,
- Medium grey – Chicago Grey,
- Dark grey – Tokyo Graphite.
It is a ready-to-use product, resistant to scratches and weather conditions and suitable for indoors and outdoors. It should be applied in 2 or 3 layers (maximum thickness: 5 mm, minimum layer thickness: 2 mm).
Substrate conditions and preparation
CT 760 plaster can be applied on even, load-bearing substrates free from grease, bitumen, dust, loose grains:
- Cement and cement-lime plasters (age 28+ days, moisture ≤ 4 %), concrete (age 3+ months, moisture ≤ 4 %) – primed with CT 16 priming agent.
- Layers reinforced with a glass fibre mesh, made of mortar (age above 3 days) and primed with CT 16 primer. For outdoor insulation systems, the thickness of the base coat shall be not less than 3 mm.
- Gypsum substrates (only inside buildings) with moisture below 1%, primed with CT 17, and then with CT 16 priming agent.
- Chipboards, gypsum-fibre boards, gypsum boards (inside buildings only), primed with CT 17 and CT 16.
- Paint coats (inside buildings only) – strong, highly adhesive, primed with the CT 16 primer.
The substrate should be primed with Ceresit CT 19. Wait 12 h before plaster application.
CT 760 plaster is ready to use. The content of the package shall be thoroughly mixed using a mixing paddle.
- Apply CT 760 plaster in two layers. The base coat can be applied with a stainless steel coat, while the textural layer – with a high-quality stainless steel float with rounded corners. The thickness of the layers shall not exceed 2 mm each.
- After 12–24 h, larger rough areas should be levelled using a metal float and the second layer should be applied as a smooth surface.
- Smooth the surface. Some textures need 3 coats or/and special techniques like ‘burning effect’.
The textural layer and decorations of the surface can be applied with a float by short, irregular, circular, vertical, horizontal or diagonal movements. The best effects are achieved using the stucco trowels with rounded edges. The application of the final texture onto the surface can be done by “burning” of the compound by floating selected areas firmly and intensively, holding the float flat to the surface.
How to tackle cavities under insulation without cutting out large parts of plastered insulation?
If there are cavities under EPS boards and you do not want to cut out large parts of insulation, make local injections with PU foam adhesive.
Drill some small holes through all insulation layers to reach the wall. The drillhole can be as wide as the diameter of PU foam gun barrel. Inject the PU adhesive CT 84 into the drillholes.